DALLAS, Texas (September 27, 2019) – Modern Healthcare has announced rankings for health care organizations recognized as Best Places to Work in Healthcare, with twelve of Ardent Health Services hospitals, clinics and other entities among the top in the country. This is the twelfth consecutive year an Ardent hospital has been listed.
“Providing excellent patient care and service is driven by highly engaged employees,” notes Ardent President and CEO David T. Vandewater. “Creating a supportive work environment is critical to the success of our company, and having so many Ardent facilities named to the ‘Best Place to Work in Healthcare’ affirms that our employees are focused on our purpose of caring for others: our patients, their families and one another.”
Modern Healthcare’s rankings are based on interviews with leadership and physicians, and a confidential employee survey that assesses satisfaction, work-life balance, communication, policies and practices, work environment and culture.
The top Ardent performer, Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital (OK), ranked #6 among Best Places To Work in Healthcare in only their second year on the list. Hillcrest Hospital Cushing (OK), #8 in the overall rankings, also won a special “Millennials Award” for creating a culture of community that attracts and retains the increasingly important Millennial workforce. Cushing has blended fun-themed town halls and a service-oriented community garden that fosters interaction, recognition, involvement and purpose.
The Ardent organizations ranked among the top in the nation for strong workplace cultures and high employee satisfaction for 2019 are:
|· Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma ranked #6. This is Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital’s second year on the list.
· Hillcrest Hospital Cushing in Cushing, Oklahoma ranked #8, and #1 among Millennials. This is Cushing’s second year on the list.
· Bailey Medical Center in Owasso, Oklahoma ranked #11. This is Bailey Medical Center’s eighth year on the list.
· Physicians Surgical Hospitals, L.L.C. in Amarillo, Texas ranked #14. This is Physicians Surgical Hospitals’ seventh year on the list.
· Lovelace Medical Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico ranked #25. This is Lovelace Medical Center’s fourth year on the list.
· Lovelace Women’s Hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico ranked #28. Lovelace Women’s Hospital has been recognized ten of the twelve years since Modern Healthcare established the list.
· Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico ranked #40. This is Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital’s second year on the list.
· HealthFirst TPA in Tyler, Texas ranked #43. This is HealthFirst’s first year on the list.
· Oklahoma Heart Institute in Tulsa, Oklahoma ranked #53. This is Oklahoma Heart Institute’s first year on the list.
· Seton Medical Center Harker Heights in Harker Heights, Texas ranked #64. This is Seton Harker Heights second year on the list.
· Hillcrest Hospital Pryor in Pryor, Oklahoma ranked #65. This is Pryor’s first year on the list.
· Hillcrest Hospital Henryetta in Henryetta, Oklahoma ranked #66. This is Henryetta’s first year on the list.
About Ardent Health Services
Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, focusing on evidence-based practices to improve quality care and patient outcomes. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 30 hospitals in six states with more than 25,000 employees, including 1,150 employed providers. Twelve Ardent-affiliated organizations – including one-third of the company’s hospitals – have been recognized by Modern Healthcare among the “Best Places to Work” in 2019, marking the 12th consecutive year an Ardent facility made this list. Ardent facilities also exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 80 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 71 percent of all ranked hospitals.