By: Patti Weaver

(Stillwater, Okla.) — A homeless teenager charged in connection with the Dec. 20 armed robbery of a clerk at a Stillwater convenience store where a 30-pack of beer was taken has been jailed on $100,000 bail on that felony pending his arraignment on Jan. 12.

Anthony Keashawn Jones, 18, who is being held on $50,000 additional bail on a drug charge, could be given a prison term from five years to life if convicted of armed robbery, court records show. Two other males suspected of being involved in the robbery had not been charged by this morning.

A 911 call was made at 1:01 pm on Dec. 20 by a man, “who advised he witnessed a robbery in which a 30-pack of beer was taken,” at a convenience store on N. Perkins Road, Stillwater Police Detective Mary Kellison wrote in an affidavit filed last week in court records.

The armed robbery victim had a deep bleeding cut to the bridge of his nose, bleeding abrasions to his index and middle knuckles on his right hand, right ring finger, right wrist, left middle knuckle, wrist and chin, along with blood on his swelling upper lip and light abrasions on his right elbow, the affidavit said.

The clerk said he was at the front counter when he saw a man select a 30-pack of beer and walk out of the north door without paying, while holding the case on his right side in order to try to avoid detection by the clerk, the affidavit said.

The clerk said he chased the man, who began fleeing toward an apartment complex, and heard someone yell “run,” the affidavit said. The clerk said he was kicked in the back and fell to the ground, but was able to grab onto the case of beer that tore open, the affidavit said.

The clerk said he was struggling to get the beer back from the man who stole it, when another man came from behind him, pointed a gun at him, and said, “This is what happens motherf…..” before the pair fled toward an apartment complex, the affidavit said.

The clerk said he got all his injuries from falling to the ground, the affidavit said.

After detectives viewed video footage from a nearby business, they interviewed Jones on Dec. 23 at the city jail where he was then being held on suspicion of drug possession, the affidavit alleged. Jones was formally charged this week with possessing methamphetamine, Xanax and Seroquel on Dec. 22 with intent to distribute, a felony on which his bail has been set at $50,000 pending his arraignment on Jan. 12, court records show.

Jones said after he met up with the two other men at an apartment complex, one said he was going to see his girl but get some beer first, the affidavit alleged.

Jones “said that is why he put on his mask and stayed outside of the store,” the affidavit alleged.

Asked by Detective Kellison where he got the gun, Jones said it was stolen, the affidavit alleged.

When she pointed out he didn’t need to pull the gun and could have just run, Jones said he had dealt with the clerk before when he was high on Xanax and went in the store, the affidavit alleged. Jones said in the past the clerk “was disrespectful to him and reached his hand underneath the counter like he was going for a gun,” the affidavit alleged.

Jones said he pulled the gun and pointed it at the clerk “because the last time he dealt with him, he (the clerk) acted like he had a gun. This time he brought the gun because he didn’t want to get shot,” the affidavit alleged.

Jones “said he didn’t put his finger on the trigger this time until (the clerk) started talking ‘shit.’ Anthony (Jones) told me he put his finger on the trigger of the pistol to make (the clerk) scared,” Detective Kellison alleged in her affidavit.

Jones said the clerk told him, “I remember you,” the affidavit alleged. Jones said he told the clerk, “Ya, because I am the one that beat your ass,” the affidavit alleged.

Jones said he and a second man stayed outside the store, while a third man “went into the store to ‘beer run,"” the affidavit alleged.

Jones said after everything happened, they all went to a town home complex and then split up; the other two men went to one of their family members’ houses and he kept going, the affidavit alleged.

Jones said the other two men “kept all the beer and he didn’t get any of it,” the affidavit alleged.