(Stillwater, Okla.) — A Drumright man — who is being held in the Payne County Jail for the U.S. Marine Corps — pleaded guilty Friday to forcing his three injured passengers out of his car after he hit a tree while driving 100 mph on a gravel road in the Stillwater area on a suspended license.

    For leaving the scene of a personal injury accident, Joshua Paul Olson, 22 — who was reportedly AWOL from the Marines at the time of the car wreck last summer — must perform 50 hours of community service on his release from the Marine Corps, Payne County Associate District Judge Stephen Kistler ordered Friday.

    As part of a plea bargain for also driving with a suspended license and reckless driving, Olson must pay $500 in fines and $250 to the victims’ compensation fund, along with serving five years of probation and a five-day jail term, with credit for time served. The amount of his restitution has not yet been decided, the judge was told in court Friday.

    Olson has been in the Payne County Jail since Dec. 13, 2011, following his arrest for failure to appear in court on Sept. 7, 2011, court records show. Although he was given a five-year deferred sentence Friday in his Payne County case, Olson remained jailed Monday on a hold for the Marine Corps, a sheriff’s spokesman said.

    Oklahoma Highway Patrol Trooper Coleman Parker wrote in an affidavit that at about 6:45 a.m. on July 23, 2011, he was advised that two young women had gone to the Stillwater Medical Center emergency room after being in a collision overnight.

    The trooper observed that a grey 2005 Nissan with a California license tag, with damage to the under carriage, had been abandoned about one-quarter of a mile east of Western Street on 80th Street, the affidavit said.

    When the trooper went to the hospital to talk to the two women from Stillwater, a 21-year-old was being treated for a head injury, while an 18-year-old was complaining of a head injury as a result of the collision, the affidavit said.

    “Both females stated that a guy named Josh was taking them and a male named Jeremy home from the Dragon’s Lair,” the affidavit said.

    Reportedly Josh became upset when the younger girl was talking to Jeremy in the back seat, the affidavit said.

    “They stated that he started driving erratically at speeds around 100 mph. They stated that he lost control on gravel and the vehicle went from ditch to ditch prior to them coming to rest.

    “They stated that Josh kicked everyone out of the vehicle after the accident and drove away,” the affidavit said.

    The young women said that they saw that he abandoned the car east of Western on 80th Street, following the accident near 92nd and Western, the affidavit said.

    The younger woman provided a phone number for Josh, but when the trooper called the first time, it went to voice mail where he identified himself as Josh, the affidavit said.

    When the trooper called back and asked if this was Josh, he said, “uhhh…who is this?” according to the affidavit.

    “I replied by stating, ‘This is Trooper Parker with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.’ The male then replied by stating, ‘You have the wrong number’ and hung up on me,” the trooper wrote in his affidavit.

    “I made contact on the phone again and this time he stated that he was Josh’s friend and when asked who he was, he stated he didn’t want to tell me, because he did not want any other problems with law enforcement. The male stated that he would have Josh call me,” which did not happen, the trooper wrote in his affidavit.

    The impounded vehicle was registered to a Joshua Olson with an address in Camp Pendleton, California, the affidavit said.

    When the trooper looked at the collision scene, he saw, “The vehicle had been westbound on 92nd and it appeared that he failed to stop at the stop sign and lost control on the gravel west of the intersection.

    “The vehicle departed roadway left, then right, and struck a small ditch and a small tree, then came back across the roadway and departed roadway left where he came to rest,” the affidavit said.

    The following day, the male passenger in the car went to the Stillwater Medical Center to be treated for a knee injury, the affidavit said.

    OHP Trooper Darren Potter talked to that passenger, who said that Olson became angry when that passenger was talking to the 18-year-old woman, the affidavit said.

    “He stated that Olson was driving westbound on 92nd at speeds over 100 mph. He stated that Olson ran the stop sign at Western and lost control after 92nd turns into gravel west of the intersection at 92nd and Western.

    “He stated after the accident, Olson kicked everyone out of the car and drove away,” the affidavit said.

    “I later learned that a Josh Paul Tyson Olson…had gone AWOL from the Marine Corps and was possibly living in the area.

    “I made contact with the father of Olson and he advised his son had been in the Marines at Camp Pendleton and that he had gone AWOL.

    “He also said that the vehicle was his son’s car and the phone number that he had for Olson was the same one,” that the 18-year-old had provided the trooper, the affidavit said.

    “He advised he did not know where Olson was living and that he no longer had contact with his son,” the trooper wrote in his affidavit.

    After running Olson’s name on his computer, the trooper learned that Olson had a suspended Oklahoma driver’s license, the affidavit said.

    The 21-year-old woman called the trooper a few nights later and said that Josh was at the Dragon’s Lair and that his last name was Olson, the affidavit said.