(Stillwater) — A Cushing woman who is accused of breaking into the Pizza Hut, while it was closed, called the Cushing Police Department from the restaurant’s business phone four times during the late night burglary, court documents allege.
    Samantha Michelle Touchstone, 20, was attempting each time to speak to her husband who was in the Cushing City Jail on an alcohol-related complaint, according to an affidavit by Cushing Police Officer Adam Harp.
    Following her arrest on the morning of the break-in, “Touchstone admitted to using the phone about four times while inside the store to call the police department to talk to her husband,” Harp’s affidavit alleged.
    Touchstone was jailed on $20,000 bail pending an Oct. 5 court appearance when she can ask for a preliminary hearing on charges of burglarizing the Pizza Hut and leaving her two toddlers at home alone while she was intoxicated and allegedly committing the Sept. 11 break-in.
    After the state Department of Human Services was contacted, her children were released to a family member, the affidavit said.
    Touchstone had cuts on the top of her left hand and her left forearm area when she was interviewed at the Cushing Police Department following her arrest, Harp’s affidavit said.
    “Touchstone at first said that the lacerations were caused by a cat, but later confessed that she received the lacerations while climbing into the business through the broken window,” the affidavit alleged.
    During the burglary investigation, the officer found that a glass window had been broken on the west side of the building, the affidavit said.
    A concrete rock was sitting on the ledge of the broken window — and there was blood on the broken glass pieces on a table, the affidavit said.
    “Touchstone said that she rummaged through everything in the business — this is why the blood was all throughout the store,” the affidavit said.
    She denied taking anything from the Pizza Hut and said that a man, who was at a party that night at her house, had taken the beer and buffalo wings — and later gave the buffalo wings to her at her house, the affidavit alleged.
    Pizza Hut manager Samantha Mayfield said that three cases of buffalo wings were missing from the restaurant, the affidavit said. Three cases of buffalo wings were found in Touchstone’s freezer by Cushing Police Officer Bill McCarty, the affidavit said.
    Cash registers and computers at the Pizza Hut were damaged during the burglary, the affidavit said. An attempt was made to get into the restaurant’s safe, but was not successful, the affidavit said.
    The day of the burglary, Touchstone was arrested at her residence about 8:15 a.m. by Harp, who had followed a series of clues that led him to discover the Pizza Hut break-in, according to the affidavit.
    Those clues included the officer’s noticing several unopened beer bottles in a Pizza Hut sack while he was on patrol about 4:39 a.m. in the 700 block of N. Highland Avenue, the affidavit said.
    During the investigation, the officer learned that Touchstone had called the Cushing Police Department at 2:45 a.m. that day from the Pizza Hut phone number, followed by three more calls from the business to the police station, the affidavit said.