(Stillwater) — A Cushing man was ordered into the state prison’s boot camp Friday after admitting that he had driven his pickup into a Cushing police officer’s patrol car.

Kaleb James Roe, 20, was placed in the state’s Regimented Inmate Discipline (RID) program by District Judge Donald Worthington under the Delayed Sentencing Program of the Department of Corrections, which was ordered to prepare its Specialized Youthful Accountability Plan for Roe.

Roe is expected to remain in the prison boot camp program for about six months. When he is returned to court on Oct. 2 for sentencing, Roe could be released from custody or given as much as a 10-year prison term by Worthington.

Roe pleaded guilty Friday to assault and battery with his pickup as a dangerous weapon and attempting to elude a police officer while driving at up to 95 mph with other traffic present on East Main Street in Cushing.

Cushing Police Officer Carson Watts wrote in an affidavit that he was on routine patrol traveling westbound in the 2000 block of East Main Street at 8:50 p.m. on Feb. 1, 2008.

“I was searching for a mid-1990s white Ford F-150 regular cab long-bed that had been involved in three separate leaving the scene of property damage accidents within about an hour and half time frame, possibly being driven by Kaleb Roe,” Watts wrote in his affidavit.

Watts saw a vehicle matching that description coming out of the Wilshire Motel parking lot at a high rate of speed onto the 1700 block of East Main Street, according to his affidavit.

The vehicle turned west onto Main Street at a high rate of speed “causing the rear of the vehicle to swing out in a fishtail motion,” the affidavit said.

“The vehicle then drove straight for about half a block and then the driver began to purposely steer the vehicle aggressively to the left and right making it fishtail again,” before accelerating past 55 mph in a 35 mph zone, the affidavit said.

With the police officer in pursuit, the vehicle traveled from the 1700 block of East Main Street to the 800 block of West Main Street at speeds of up to 95 mph, the affidavit said.

“As the suspect vehicle approached Kings Highway and Main Street, I saw it begin to drift toward the left toward a left turn lane as if it were going to attempt to turn southbound onto Kings Highway,” Watts wrote in the affidavit.

“The vehicle then locked up its brakes and attempted to turn to the south, but instead was going too fast for the turn, lost control of the vehicle and spun around.

“The rear of the vehicle jumped the southwest curb, and the vehicle had spun 180 degrees and was now facing me and I came to a stop about 40 feet away facing the vehicle,” Watts wrote in his affidavit.

“The vehicle then accelerated hard toward me and then turned left, striking the driver’s side of my patrol car with the driver’s side front bumper of the suspect vehicle,” Watts wrote.

“When the suspect vehicle collided with my patrol car, it broke off my exterior driver’s side mirror, caused damage to the driver’s side door, rear driver’s side door and rear driver’s side quarter panel,” Watts wrote in his affidavit.

With Cushing Police Sgt. Jack Ford then also in pursuit, the vehicle then turned onto Kings Highway from Main Street and pulled into a driveway, the affidavit said.

The suspect vehicle drove north through a yard and into the back yard in the 700 block of North Kings Highway, spun around and stopped, the affidavit said.

“As I began to pull into the driveway, I saw Kaleb Roe, whom I recognized from several previous encounters in the past, get out of the vehicle and look directly at Sgt. Ford’s patrol car, as Sgt. Ford was beginning to exit his patrol car,” Watts wrote in his affidavit.

“I then saw Kaleb begin running northbound in the backyard of the residence with Sgt. Ford in foot pursuit,” Watts wrote in his affidavit.

“Sgt. Ford told me that Kaleb had jumped a fence and continued running northbound through a sparsely open field,” Watts wrote.

“Officer Cody Manuel arrived on the scene and we jumped the fence in an attempt to find Kaleb, but were unsuccessful.

“A Stillwater police officer and his K9 partner arrived on the scene, and again we attempted to track Kaleb, but again were unsuccessful,” Watts wrote in the affidavit.

During an inventory of the vehicle, a full unopened can of beer was found in the front seat, the affidavit said.

There was a very strong odor of alcohol coming from the inside of the vehicle — where several court documents with Roe’s name were also found, the affidavit said.

An arrest warrant for Roe was issued by the court on Feb. 6, 2008, when charges were filed.

Roe was arrested six days later, court records show.