(Stillwater) — A Cushing man whose throat-cutting charge was previously dropped on his wife’s testimony has been accused of violating the probation he received in 2006 for beating his wife — by again committing domestic abuse and being intoxicated.

Norman Lee Ogle III, 50, who was ordered to have no contact with his victim or his bond would be revoked, appeared in court Wednesday.

Ogle, who was freed on $5,000 bail, was ordered to return April 10 with an attorney to represent him on the state’s application to revoke his suspended sentence.

Ogle is currently on probation for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon in a Jan. 5, 2006, attack on his wife, Wanda Ogle, with a piece of wood.

That attack occurred two weeks after a judge dismissed another assault and battery with a dangerous weapon charge against him when Wanda Ogle testified that she didn’t know if he or she herself cut her throat. She said they both were drunk.

Ogle was not charged in the slaying of convicted child molester Jesse William Wright, 57, who died of a stab wound to his neck at Ogle’s home in August 2005.

Ogle claimed that Wright came to his home and struck him first and that he was defending himself, District Attorney Rob Hudson said.

Ogle, who was not arrested in the slaying, “had a severe laceration to his forehead and head that required stapling,” in that incident, according to Cushing Police Chief Terry Brannon, who was deputy chief at the time.

In court on Sept. 26, 2006, Ogle pleaded guilty to four separate charges — including beating his wife on the face, head, back and arm with a piece of wood broken from a coffee table at his home in Cushing on Jan. 5, 2006, for which he received probation for 10 years except 89 days in the Payne County Jail.

Ogle also pleaded guilty to beating his wife in Cushing on June 25, 2005, for which he received probation for one year except 89 days in the county jail.

Ogle also pleaded guilty to breaking into his father’s home in Cushing while he was intoxicated on Dec. 2, 2004, for which he received probation for one year, except 89 days in the county jail.

Ogle also pleaded guilty to appearing in an intoxicated state on a Perkins woman’s property on Sept. 9, 2005, for which he was given 10 days in jail.

All of his sentences were ordered to run concurrently, with credit for time served, by then Associate District Judge Robert Murphy Jr., who no longer is in office.

In the prosecution’s motion to revoke his probationary sentence filed March 16, Wanda Ogle is listed as a witness along with two Stillwater police officers, court records show.

If a judge rules that Norman Ogle violated his probation, he could be imprisoned for about seven years.