The City of Cushing is reminding citizens this is the week to get clean! The annual spring clean-up, April 7 – 12, allows residents to haul their waste free to the Transfer Station, located at 515 N. Luella. By presenting a recent utility bill and a valid picture ID you can get rid of those unwanted items cluttering your home and yard.
For one day only, residents can also have items picked up curbside. Although it allows for a wide variety of waste, some restrictions are required:
• Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners are accepted provided the Freon has been properly drained by a qualified technician, certification issued and placed on the unit.
• Brush is to be cut into 4-foot lengths, tied and bundled. Get your scales out though, because bundles must not weigh over 50 lbs.
• No massive pieces of concrete or rocks
• Place smaller items in containers
• No massive construction or demolition materials
• No hazardous waste
• No batteries, paints, tires, oils or liquid substances
• And you’ll have to bury Fido – because no dead animal carcasses allowed!
• All BULKY WASTE must be placed at the curb or roadside. DO NOT place in alley.
Items will need to be at the curb by 7 a.m. Saturday, April 12.