What to do with all that extra trash accumulated at Christmas time? The City of Cushing has provided a way for citizens to dispose of their holiday trash.
Five large 30-yard containers have been placed at the following locations:
1. Hemphill Park – off Central Street in Park
2. Former Senior Citizens’ building parking lot – 100 block of W. Cherry (north side of the street)
3. Memorial Park – Aquatic Center parking lot
4. Kemp Park – off of alley
5. Lions Park – at entrance to park on Linwood
According to General Manager Steve Spears, the receptacles will remain in place for a month – or possibly longer depending on its success.
Special rules do apply for those wishing to use the program.
1. No demolition or construction waste
2. No hazardous waste
3. No batteries, paints, tires, oils or liquid substances
4. Freon must be removed from any appliances and must have certification tag attached to appliance.
5. Limbs must be cut into 4′ lengths
6. No dead animal carcasses
Listen to the Donna and Molly Show, Wednesday, Jan. 7 at 8:40 a.m. to hear more about this program from Commissioner Joe Manning. If you have a question about the refuse disposal program, email KUSH at [email protected]